Friday, January 22, 2010

It's been almost 10 years...

It's been almost 10 years since I have performed in live theater. I have always thought getting back into community theater would be fun and at the beginning of this month I thought "What the heck, I'll audition for something". So I found a little community theater in Murfreesboro TN (about 40 miles SE of Nashville) that was putting on a production of How I Learned to Drive by Paula Vogel. Well I went out for the auditions and had so much fun doing the cold readings that I left content with just having auditioned, not expecting a role.....but much to my excitement they cast me!! My role is called "Female Greek Chorus" and I play several different characters. I have some serious scenes and some scenes that provide comedic relief. It is a small cast of only 5 actors, so I am honored to have been given a part.

Click here for a synopsis of the play if you're interested.

2 comments:

Dottie said...

I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to see you in the play! I was just wondering if perhaps next time you could look for a little less intense play. You know something like the Glass Menagerie or Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf? :o)
Love ya mom

Clint and Lauren Brock said...

way to go vic!! im so proud of you! you need to teach me how to act so i can try out for a musical. ive always wanted to be in one. i wish i could come see your show!